How will Select Crowd Review enhance your review process?
Manuscripts are reviewed within days from a selected crowd of experts
Higher quality & less bias
Results are collaborative from a large, diverse crowd
Editors and reviewers able to work more flexibility
Editors know exactly what stage a review is at, and the publication process is faster
Select Crowd Review (SCR) is an innovative peer review process which improves both the quality and speed of scientific publishing. Submissions are anonymously reviewed by a diverse crowd of experts selected by the journal editor. Reviews are submitted via a safe online platform, developed and hosted by Filestage, which enables the crowd to evaluate and comment on submitted articles in an intuitive, interactive, and anonymous way. This results in fast turnaround, less bias, and deeper insights for each submission.
How does Select Crowd Review work?
A selected crowd of experts review papers together
- Submissions are uploaded to an online platform and the crowd members, chosen by the journal editors, receive a review invitation.
- Each CR reviewer decides whether they have the time and expertise to review the paper. Participating reviewers are anonymous, but can see each other’s comments and start a discussion to improve the manuscript further.
- The review period ends after 72 hours.
- The CR Editor exports the manuscript and decides to accept (with or without revision) or reject the article.
- The feedback is provided to the author for consideration and implementation.
With Select Crowd Review you can:
- Save time by creating and adapting custom reviewing templates to suit your journals’ needs.
- Easily manage your crowd by sending invites and reminders within the platform.
- Maintain a safe review environment by customizing security settings.
- Keep your crowd engaged and diverse by continuously adding new qualified reviewers or removing members from the crowd.
- Conveniently export articles and feedback as PDF.
- Avoid mistakes by using guidelines drawn from previous experience, provided to you.
How your editorial team benefits from SCR
- Reduced workload: Take searching for, and reminding a handful of very busy peer reviewers off your to-do list! This frees up valuable time for your editorial team, enabling you to focus on what you do best.
- Review speed: Manuscripts are reviewed by a select crowd of experts within a few days. Your editorial team can process more articles in a shorter period.
- Proven success: Select Crowd Review has been implemented by peer reviewed journals for several years. Their findings of the process have been compiled in a comprehensive onboarding pack that comes with your license.
Why your authors value SCR
- High quality: By interacting with each other, the experts in the crowd offer different perspectives and provide informative feedback as well as new insights to the authors, enhancing the quality of the article.
- Less bias: Having numerous hand-picked experts reviewing submitted papers enables you to have a highly diverse crowd, which reduces bias. In addition, the Filestage online platform has very high safety standards and reviewers are able to submit anonymous feedback.
- Publish quickly: By reducing the review process to 72 hours, the article can be published shortly after submission.
Everything you need for select crowd review
No installs needed
Secure file encryption
Share files with confidence
Filestage puts you in full control, so you can choose exactly who can share, comment and download files in your projects.
And with full GDPR compliance, AES 256-bit encryption and ISO 27017 certified EU servers, you can rest assured that your data is in good hands.