Did you know that, by 2026, 24% of retail purchases are expected to take place online?
I remember a time when people would balk at the idea of online shopping for fear of getting scammed. But now you can buy everything from haircuts to holidays!
Customers have more choice than ever. But that means they’re more impatient than ever, putting new emphasis on the importance of website design and user experience.
That’s where website feedback tools come in.
In this article, I’ll guide you through the best website feedback tools. But first, let’s talk about the two main types of website feedback tool.
What is a website feedback tool?
A website feedback tool is a piece of online software that lets you collect website feedback from teammates, clients, customers, and users. Depending on the use case, most tools will focus on helping you collect website feedback from one or two of these groups.
To help you find the perfect tool for your needs, we’ll break down this list into two main types of website feedback tools:
- Website feedback tools for reviewing web content with teammates and clients – These act as a visual feedback tool for people who need to review your live website content or prototypes. People can create annotations, add comments, and share ideas, all in one collaborative workspace.
- Website feedback tools for collecting customer feedback – These tools are designed to help you collect website feedback from real-world users in real time. This could be through a short customer satisfaction survey, a feedback widget, or simple heatmaps.
Five best website feedback tools for reviewing web content teammates and clients
In the world of design and content auditing, website feedback tools are a pretty new and exciting innovation. They make the whole process of giving website feedback more visual and intuitive.
With Filestage, for example, you can import any website to add comments and annotations to an existing web page – perfect for auditing and suggesting content improvements. Or, if you want to collect feedback on a live and working prototype, you can do it with Figma.
Ready to dive in? Here’s our roundup of the five best website feedback tools for reviewing web content with teammates and clients.
1. Filestage – best website feedback tool for annotating live content
Say hello to clearer, faster feedback
Get collaborative feedback right on top of your work with Filestage.
Filestage is a collaborative website feedback tool that’s perfect for collecting feedback on websites and digital content. It simplifies the review and approval process, making it an invaluable tool for web developers, designers, and content creators.
With visual feedback tools like comments and annotations, users can add feedback directly on websites, web pages, or digital content. It’s especially useful for gathering feedback related to design, layout, content accuracy, and overall user experience.
Here are Filestage’s top five features for collecting website feedback:
- Centralized collaboration – Filestage offers a centralized platform for teams to collaborate on website content and design, streamlining feedback collection and ensuring everyone is on the same page.
- Annotation and comments – Users can leave annotations and comments directly on web content, making it easy to pinpoint and address specific feedback on design elements or content accuracy.
- Version control – Version control features allow you to track changes, compare versions, and ensure that feedback is incorporated effectively.
- Approval workflow – Filestage supports approval workflows, helping you manage the feedback process and ensure final decisions align with project goals.
- Efficient file sharing – The platform enables easy file sharing and access, making it simple for stakeholders to review and provide feedback on web content.
On top of that, Filestage also lets you review HTML files like banner ads and emails, as well as videos, designs, documents, and other popular file types.
With Filestage, your first two projects are free and include unlimited files, versions, team members, and reviewers.
If you need more projects and storage or advanced features like compare versions and automations, paid plans start at $49/month for Basic and $249/month for Professional. And again, both include unlimited team members and reviewers!
Figma, a cloud-based design and prototyping tool, is well-suited for web designers looking to collaborate and receive feedback on website designs and prototypes in real-time.
It’s an excellent platform for collecting feedback on website designs, web page layouts, interactive features, and user interface elements.
Here’s a breakdown of how Figma can help you with website design feedback:
- Real-time collaboration – Figma facilitates real-time collaboration, making it easy for teams to work together on web design projects and receive immediate feedback.
- Interactive prototyping – Figma’s prototyping capabilities allow users to create interactive prototypes, helping to gather feedback on website functionality and user experience.
- Design libraries – Design libraries ensure consistency and enable efficient feedback on design elements, such as buttons, icons, and other components.
- Version history – Figma keeps track of design revisions, making it easy to compare and assess the impact of feedback.
- Cloud accessibility – Being cloud-based, Figma ensures accessibility from anywhere, making it convenient for remote teams and stakeholders to provide feedback.
Figma’s Starter plan is free and includes your first three Figma files. It then jumps to $12/editor per month for Professional, $45/editor per month for Organization, or $75/editor per month for Enterprise.
InVision, a leading prototyping and collaboration tool, is a key resource for web designers who need feedback on interactive web designs. It supports efficient collaboration with project stakeholders.
You can use InVisions to collect feedback on interactive prototypes, user flows, and user experience elements for websites. It’s instrumental in evaluating the functionality and interactivity of web designs.
Here are a few ways InVision helps with website feedback:
- Interactive prototyping – InVision is known for its interactive prototyping capabilities, allowing stakeholders to experience web designs as if they were live, which is valuable for feedback on user flows and interactivity.
- Real-time collaboration – InVision supports real-time collaboration, making it easy for teams to collaborate and receive feedback during design iterations.
- User testing integration – It offers integrations with user testing tools, allowing user feedback to be directly integrated into the design process.
- Workflow management – InVision includes workflow features for tracking the status of feedback and design changes.
- Design system management – It helps maintain design consistency and collect feedback on design system components like colors, fonts, and UI elements.
InVision’s Free plan includes three editable freehands and up to 30 active users. If you need more freehands, you can upgrade to Pro for $4/user per month, which gives you unlimited freehands and up to 50 active users. If you need more users or extra security features, there’s also an Enterprise option.
Markup.io is a user-friendly tool designed for providing visual feedback on live websites. It’s an excellent choice for those who need to visually communicate feedback on web content.
Markup.io is ideal for offering feedback on specific elements of web pages, including images, text, layout, and other web content. Users can annotate directly on web pages to highlight issues or suggest improvements.
Here are Markup.io’s top features:
- Visual feedback annotations – Markup.io allows users to leave visual annotations directly on live websites, making it clear and easy to pinpoint feedback.
- Simplified feedback process – It simplifies the feedback process by removing the need for complex explanations, as users can visually indicate issues.
- Collaboration tools – Markup.io offers tools for teams to collaborate on feedback, making it a valuable resource for collaborative web development projects.
- Cross-browser compatibility – It works across different browsers, ensuring that feedback and annotations are consistent and accessible to all team members.
- Quick issue identification – Users can quickly identify and report issues on live websites, making it efficient for issue tracking and resolution.
Markup.io’s Free plan includes one workspace and five markups for unlimited users. You can upgrade to the Pro plan for $25/month, which gives you unlimited markups, but still just one workspace. If you upgrade to Enterprise, you get unlimited workspaces.
Marker.io is a collaborative issue tracking tool built to streamline the reporting and resolution of issues on live websites. It’s ideal for teams managing web projects who need to efficiently communicate and resolve issues.
This website feedback tool is primarily used for reporting and tracking issues on live websites, such as bugs, design flaws, content errors, and other website-related problems. It serves as a practical tool for gathering feedback and prioritizing issue resolution.
Here’s a roundup of Marker.io’s most popular features:
- Efficient issue tracking – Marker.io streamlines the reporting and resolution of issues on live websites, making it a practical tool for teams managing web projects.
- Collaborative issue management – It offers collaborative issue tracking, allowing teams to efficiently communicate and prioritize issues, facilitating feedback collection and resolution.
- Easy issue reporting – Marker.io simplifies the process of reporting issues on live websites, enabling team members to quickly identify and document bugs, design flaws, and content errors.
- Cross-browser compatibility – The tool ensures that reported issues are consistent across different browsers, making it accessible to all team members and stakeholders.
- Integrations with project management tools – Marker.io integrates with various project management tools, enhancing workflow and feedback collection for web development and design projects.
Marker.io offers a Starter plan for $39/month, which includes three members and unlimited reporters. You can then upgrade to the Team plan for up to 15 members for $99/month, or Enterprise for unlimited members.
Six best website feedback tools for collecting customer feedback
In this section, we’ll look at website feedback tools that are all about the customer experience. Through handy features like feedback widgets, surveys, and heatmaps, these website feedback tools help put the voice of the customer at the heart of everything you do.
Let’s dive in.
1. Hotjar – best website feedback tool for heatmaps and surveys
Hotjar is one of the most comprehensive customer feedback tools for website feedback that provides features like heatmaps, session recording, and feedback surveys. It’s instrumental for gaining insights into user interactions with your site, helping you understand where users click, move, or encounter issues.
Here are a few ways Hotjar helps you manage customer feedback on your website:
- Heatmaps and click tracking – Hotjar provides valuable heatmaps and click tracking features, allowing you to visualize user behavior on your website, which is essential for understanding where users engage or encounter issues.
- Session recording – Session recording enables you to watch and analyze user interactions with your website, offering in-depth insights for feedback and improvements.
- Feedback surveys and polls – Hotjar’s surveys, polls, and feedback widgets help you gather direct feedback from users, making it a valuable resource for understanding their needs and preferences.
- Conversion funnel analysis – Hotjar’s conversion funnel analysis allows you to identify drop-off points and areas for improvement in your website’s user experience.
- Responsive design testing – The tool helps ensure that your website performs optimally across various devices and screen sizes, making it easier to collect feedback on responsive design elements.
Hotjar offers a Free plan that includes 35 sessions per day. You can then upgrade to Plus for $32/month to get 100 daily sessions, or Business for $80/month with 500 daily sessions.
2. Crazy Egg
Crazy Egg offers heatmapping and A/B testing features, making it a valuable resource for optimizing website usability and user experience. With Crazy Egg, you can visualize user behavior and gather feedback to enhance your website’s performance.
Here are five ways Crazy Egg can help you collect customer feedback:
- Heatmapping and A/B testing – Crazy Egg’s heatmapping and A/B testing features are crucial for optimizing website usability and user experience, helping you identify areas for improvement.
- User behavior analysis – The tool provides insights into user behavior, such as where users click, move, or scroll, offering valuable feedback on user interactions.
- Session recording – Session recording allows you to review individual user sessions and understand how users navigate your website, aiding in feedback collection.
- Scroll maps – Crazy Egg’s scroll maps help you see how far users scroll down web pages, offering insights into content engagement and user interest.
- Responsive design tracking – The tool tracks how well your website adapts to different devices and screen sizes, facilitating feedback on responsive design and performance.
Crazy Egg offers a Basic plan for $29/month, which gives you 30,000 tracked monthly page views. You can then upgrade to Standard for $49/month and 75,000 monthly page views, or Plus for $99/month and 150,000.
3. Lyssna (previously Usability Hub)
Lyssna (previously UsabilityHub) offers tools for remote user testing and feedback, enabling you to uncover usability issues and gain insights into your website’s user experience. It’s a practical choice for evaluating how users interact with your site and identifying areas for improvement.
Here are Lyssna’s top features for collecting user feedback:
- Remote user testing – Lyssna’s remote user testing capabilities enable you to gain feedback from real users, making it a valuable resource for understanding how users interact with your website.
- First-click testing – The tool allows you to gather feedback on users’ initial interactions with your website, helping you optimize navigation and information architecture.
- Five-second tests – Lyssna’s five-second tests provide quick user feedback on the clarity and effectiveness of key website elements.
- Preference testing – It helps you collect feedback on design and content preferences, which is essential for tailoring your website to user needs.
- Click testing – Lyssna’s click testing features help you assess the effectiveness of your website’s links and navigation, facilitating feedback on user interactions.
Lysnna offers a Free plan that gives you unlimited tests, surveys, and interview studies with a two-minute time limit. The Basic plan is $75/month and increases this to five minutes, while Pro is $175/month and has no time limit.
UserTesting provides on-demand access to real users who offer feedback and conduct usability testing on your website. It’s a valuable resource for gathering user insights and feedback to improve your website’s usability and overall user experience.
Here are five ways UserTesting can help with your website feedback:
- On-demand access to real users – UserTesting provides easy access to real users for feedback, allowing you to gather insights from a diverse user base.
- Usability testing – The tool supports usability testing, enabling you to assess how users interact with your website and collect feedback on their experience.
- Website and app testing – UserTesting covers both websites and apps, making it versatile for gathering feedback on different digital platforms.
- User feedback videos – UserTesting delivers user feedback in video format, allowing you to see and hear users’ thoughts and emotions while navigating your website.
- Customer journey analysis – The tool is valuable for analyzing the entire customer journey on your website, offering comprehensive insights for feedback and improvements.
UserTesting offers three plans: Essentials, Advanced, and Ultimate. But, unfortunately, they don’t give details of the costs on their website.
Qualaroo is a customer feedback software that specializes in on-site surveys and feedback forms. This allows you to capture user feedback and understand their needs and pain points. It’s a tool for directly engaging with visitors to collect feedback on their website experience.
Here are Qualaroo’s top five features:
- On-site surveys and feedback forms – Qualaroo specializes in on-site surveys and feedback forms, making it easy to engage with website visitors and collect direct feedback.
- Behavior-triggered surveys – The tool allows you to trigger surveys based on user behavior, offering timely feedback on specific interactions or experiences.
- Audience targeting – Qualaroo enables you to target specific audience segments, ensuring you collect feedback from the right users.
- Feedback analytics and reporting – It provides tools for analyzing and reporting on the collected feedback, offering insights into user needs and preferences.
- User sentiment analysis – Qualaroo helps you gauge user sentiment and emotions through feedback, aiding in understanding how users feel about their website experience.
Qualaroo offers a range of pricing options depending on whether you need contextual surveys, email surveys, or a combination of the two. Email surveys range from $19 to £99/month, while the combined plan ranges from $79/month to $299/month.
FullStory offers session replay and website analytics tools, helping you understand user behavior, uncover issues, and gather customer insights to improve the overall experience on your website. With FullStory, you can watch real user sessions and gain valuable insights to enhance your website’s usability and user experience.
Here’s how FullStory can help with your website and user feedback:
- Session replay and playback – FullStory offers session replay and playback features, allowing you to watch real user sessions and understand how they interact with your website, providing valuable feedback.
- Rage click and error tracking – The tool identifies rage clicks and errors, helping you uncover issues and areas for improvement, and prioritize feedback collection accordingly.
- Conversion funnel analysis – FullStory’s conversion funnel analysis aids in identifying drop-off points and optimizing the user journey for feedback and improvements.
- Advanced search and segmentation – It enables you to search and segment user sessions for in-depth analysis, making it easier to gather specific feedback on user behaviors and experiences.
- Responsive design testing – FullStory helps ensure your website performs well across different devices and screen sizes, simplifying feedback collection on responsive design and user experience.
FullStory offers three different plans: Business, Advanced, and Enterprise. They also offer a free plan that lasts two weeks. But if you’d like a price to compare FullStory against other options, you would need to contact them directly for a demo.
That’s a wrap! I hope this article has taught you a lot about the different website feedback tools available today.
If you need a tool to collect feedback from customers on your website, you can’t go wrong with tools like Hotjar and FullStory. And if you need a way to review or audit live website content with stakeholders, why not give Filestage a try? Start a free 7-day trial →